Subject: TKDE Special Section Call for Papers

From: "Rick Snodgrass" <rts>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 22:33:27 MST

Special Section on Temporal and Real-Time Databases
 
Database  applications  that  utilize  time-varying  information   or  require
time-constrained  (real-time)  response  to  transactions  are  becoming quite
common.  At the same time, the availability of fast processors and inexpensive
secondary  and  tertiary  storage  have  enabled  the  storage  of  historical
information and  real-time processing  within a  database.  Temporal databases
(TDB)  and  real-time  databases  (RTDB)  have  been  the   topics  of  active
investigation over the past decade. As "time" is the common central concept in
both  TDBs and RTDBs, these two  separately evolving areas  may  benefit  from
cross infusion.
 
A special  section of the  August,  1995 issue  of  the  IEEE  Transactions on
Knowledge  and  Data  Engineering  will be  devoted to Temporal  and Real-Time
Databases.  Papers are solicited in, but not limited to, the following areas:

* Storage structures, indexing and access methods;

* Concurrency control, recovery and transaction processing in TDBs and RTDBs;

* TDB and RTDB query processing algorithms;

* Distributed RTDBs and TDBs;

* Architectural considerations for real-time database systems;

* Priority-based data access and resource scheduling;

* Temporal integrity constraints and dependencies;

* Triggered databases.

While  papers that  address  temporal and  real-time  aspects  in concert  are
especially encouraged, papers that address temporal or  real-time databases in
isolation will also be acceptable.
 
		      Instructions for Submitting Papers

Manuscripts should  be no more than 30 typewritten pages  with a 12-point font
and 18-point spacing, including figures  and references.  Papers must not have
been published previously  or currently  submitted  for publication elsewhere.
Each  manuscript should have a title  page with  the title of  the paper, full
name(s)  and  affiliation(s)  of  author(s),  complete  postal  and electronic
addresses,  telephone number(s), a  FAX number,  an informative 150-200  words
abstract,  and a  list of  identifying  keywords.  Send  six  copies  of  each
submission to either of the guest  editors.  For further information,  contact
the guest editors.

			       Important Dates

	   Manuscripts due:            Monday, October  3, 1994
           Acceptance notification:    Monday, January  2, 1995
           Final manuscript due:       Monday, January 23, 1995
           Publication date of issue:               August 1995

				Guest Editors

Gultekin Ozsoyglu			     Richard Snodgrass
Department of Computer Eng. and Science      Department of Computer Science
Case Western Reserve University		     University of Arizona
10900 Euclid Avenue			     715 Gould-Simpson
Cleveland, OH 44106			     Tucson, AZ 85721
[email-masked]			     [email-masked]
(216) 368-5029				     (602) 621-6370