Subject: An Update on the Workshop on Temporal Databases

From: Niki [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 May 92 21:03:26 PDT

We would like to thank everyone who responded to our recent e-mail
regarding  the  Workshop  on Temporal Databases (WOTDB).  All the
responses we have received (and there were many)  were  positive.
It appears that  there  is a great interest in this workshop from
both sides of the Atlantic.  Because of the large  number  of  e-
mails we  have received  it became increasingly more difficult to
respond to each of you individually.  However, we would  like  to
thank  each  and  everyone who has warmly responded to our e-mail
and for the many offers of help and support.

The following is a short note to keep you informed of our activi-
ties  and  to solicit your input to further develop the scope and
topics of interest of WOTDB.

1.  The  WOTDB organizational meeting is confirmed for Thursday
    June 4, 1992 at 10 AM.  It would be held in the same resort
    hotel as the PODS/SIGMOD conference.   The room will be
    announced later.

2.  If you  DON'T  want to be in our e-mail list, please let us
    know  asap.  Also, if  this e-mail is  being  forwarded  to
    you (  i.e.,   you  are  not  receiving  it  directly  from 
    "[email-masked]" ) and you  want your  name to  be 
    added to the WOTDB e-mail list, again let us know asap.

3.  Several of  you have  indicated that you won't be attending
    SIGMOD  this  year  and asked  whether  attendance  were  a
    prelude  to  taking an  active role  in  organizing  this
    workshop.  The answer here is no.

4.  If you are not attending our SIGOMD meeting, we would like
    to take this opportunity to solicit input from each of you
    regarding activities that you would like us to bring up at
    this meeting.  Please send  us your thoughts,  comments or
    suggestions by May 27, so that we would be able to discuss
    these at the meeting;  please be as  brief  and as concise
    as possible.

5.  We also like to take this opportunity to solicit your input
    regarding "topics of interest" and "scope of the workshop."
    Again, please be as specific as possible and  remember that
    we need to keep this workshop as focused as possible.

6.  Your  offers to help (and  there  were  many of  them) were
    greatly appreciated.  If you have offered  to help and have
    not mentioned in what capacity, please  let us know as soon
    as possible.

We look forward to your responses  and active  participation in
WOTDB activities.

Many Thanks,

Niki Pissinou