Subject: Workshop on Temporal Databases

From: Niki [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 92 12:26:48 PDT

Hello,

In the last few years much research interest has  been  generated
in   the  area  of "Temporal Databases."  As a result of this, we
plan to organize a workshop in this area.  To get things rolling,
we intend to have our first organizational meeting during the up-
coming joint SIGMOD/PODS conference in San Diego, California. We
have *tentatively* scheduled this meeting for Thursday (6/4) at 
10 AM.

If you plan to attend this conference and  would like  to attend
this  meeting  please  let  Dr.  Pissinou  know  asap. She may be
reached via e-mail as [email-masked].

Indicate  what would  be the best dates/times for you.   If  you
are  not attending SIGMOD or can't meet during the conference but
would like to take an   active   role  in the development of  the
workshop  please  let her know asap.  Once the initial meeting is
arranged,  an  agenda for the  meeting  would  follow.   We anti-
cipate  the  selection  of  the workshop organization  committee,
such  as  general  chairs, program co-chairs and   program   com-
mittee  members  to occur during this meeting.  Our general focus
here, is the establishment of a common infrastructure for advanc-
ing the state of the art.

We will request support for the workshop from DARPA, SISTO  (Gio
Wiederhold) (at least).

Submissions will  be refereed;  only relevant and  high   quality
papers  will  be  selected  for presentation and  publication  in
the workshop's  proceedings.  Please  remember  that  a  workshop
like this, would only become a success if interested  researchers
put their skills together, contribute and cooperate   in    any
possible   way  they  can,  as  well as work hard.  So, to ensure
its  success  we welcome as  many volunteers as   possible;   we
will   not   be    able   to proceed  with  this workshop without
your help!!  Our longterm objective  of  course,   is   for  this
workshop  to establish temporal databases as a valid and cohesive
area of science.  This initial e-mailing list was mainly composed
from  your e-mails and  publications  in  the  area.  Please feel
free to distribute this e-mail;  we would appreciate  it  though,
if  you  let   us   know  of these e-mail addresses (or any other
people who are working or are using temporal databases) so  that
we can add them to the mailing list.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and welcomed.

Best Regards,

Niki Pissinou

----- End Included Message -----

---

From: [email-masked] (N L Sarda)
Date: Mon, 18 May 92 14:43:41 IST

Acknowledging receipt of message. Thanks
NLSarda
IIT BOmbay