Subject: Request for Glossary Entries and Comments

From: "Christian S. Jensen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1993 21:09:16 +0100

**************************************************************
   **         Request for Glossary Entries and Comments        **
   **************************************************************

Dear Colleague,

As part of the continued initiative aimed at creating a consensus
glossary of temporal database concepts and terms, YOU ARE INVITED TO
PROPOSE NEW TERMS AND CONCEPTS that may be added to the current set of
definitions. Comments (including modifications) on existing
definitions are also welcome. All material should be submitted to the
mailing list [email-masked].

An initial glossary was published in the September 1992 issue of the
SIGMOD Record, and a status document was distributed in December 1992.
Status documents are made available every three months, so A NEW
STATUS DOCUMENT WILL BE RELEASED IN ABOUT ONE WEEK. This document is
an important one because the following document will be prepared for
the International Workshop on an Infrastructure for Temporal
Databases, in Dallas, TX, June 1993.

Since the previous status document in December, about thirty complete
glossary entries have been proposed, in addition to a number of
improvements of existing glossary entries. The glossary entries cover
topics such as the relationship between spatial and temporal
databases, normalization theory, calendars, joins, temporal
indeterminacy, and temporal aggregation.

Additional information regarding the status of the initiative is
available by anonymous ftp from cs.arizona.edu, in the "tsql"
directory.

Feel free to direct questions to "[email-masked]".

Best regards,

Christian S. Jensen (editor)
Aalborg University