Subject: CIKM-93 update - extended deadline, ACM sponsorship

From: Timothy Finin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1993 00:43:38 -0400

CIKM-93, the second International Conference on Information and Knowledge
Management will be held November 1-5, 1993 at the Double Tree Hotel in
Washington D.C., USA.  Like the successful CIKM-92, it will provide an
international forum for presentation and discussion of research on
information and knowledge management, as well as recent advances on data and
knowledge bases. Confirmed Invited Speakers Include: ACM is now a full
co-sponsor through SIGART and SIGIR and will publish the CIKM-93 proceedings.

  Mike Stonebraker (UC-Berkeley),
  Stefano Spaccapietra (EPFL, Laussane, Zurich),
  Arie Segev (UC-Berkeley)
  Donald Tiedeman (AT&T)
  Mike Papazoglou (Queens, Australia)

Authors are invited to submit papers, proposals for tutorials and exhibits
concerned with theory or practice or both.  Papers should be sent to the
Program Chair, Dr. Bharat Bhargava, by May 15, 1993.  Send email to
[email-masked] to receive an automatic reply with a full copy of the
Call for Papers and to [email-masked] to receive gthe CIKM-92 program.

************************************************************************
* Please Note: More than 100 papers have arrived by the orginal due    *
* date. However, given the numerous world-wide requests for extension, *
* it was decided to extend the submission daeadline to May 15, 1993.   *
************************************************************************