Subject: Glossary status.

From: "Christian S. Jensen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1993 20:44:35 +0200

**************************************************************
  **     Glossary of Temporal Database Names and Concepts     **
  **************************************************************

Dear colleagues,

We are now past the deadline for submission of proposals for glossary
entries. I thank all contributors very much for their valuable input.
Below are some final remarks.

Several entries were proposed at the last moment. While these were
valuable contributions, there was not time for comments from the
community. Also, discussions were on-going with respect to other,
recently proposed entries. I have chosen to reflect the special
unresolved status of these entries by placing them in a separate
section in the final glossary document. The entries include:

Temporal value integrity, coalesce, admissibility interval,
chronologically definite, chronologically indefinite, temporally
indeterminate, temporally determinate, temporal modality, temporal
rule, time sequence, and temporal interpolation.

I encourage contributors to define resolved versions of the entries,
that are still being discussed. These can then be brought to the
workshop, as an addendum. These entries include temporal value
integrity, time sequence, coalesce (Jim, Fabio, Maria, Paolo, Rick,
and Arie), admissibility interval, chronologically definite,
chronologically indefinite, temporally indeterminate, temporally
determinate, temporal modality (Angelo, Barbara, Elisa, and Curtis).

Fabio, Maria, and Paolo have, as a contribution to the on-going
discussions, formulated partial glossary entries. Complete versions of
these may also be included in the addendum.

The workshop version of the glossary will be available by anonymous
ftp within one week--a notice will be posted when it is available.

Best regards,
Christian S. Jensen (editor)
Aalborg University
[email-masked]