Subject: Rick's question

From: "Patrick P Kalua" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1993 01:18:48 -0500

> From: "Rick Snodgrass" <[email-masked]>
>
>	Should we continue to generate an initial draft of the benchmark
>	by June 16, or should we consider that goal unrealistic, and
>	resume discussion of the objectives, schema, instance, and
>	taxonomy before moving on to the queries at some later date?

> I request that all (current and potential) authors of the benchmark
> respond quickly with their views on this question.

        We would be in favor of continuing with the current effort and have
        the initial draft by workshop time. It might prove easier making
        any changes (or even abandoning the draft and starting afresh) after
        some preliminary discussions at the workshop. We had four months to
        come up with tis one (with a deadline in mind) and trying to start
        over again after the workshop (without any draft and without an 
        unmoveable deadline as we have now) might take even much longer 
        before any draft is produced !

        Patrick P Kalua , Edward L Robertson
        Indiana University.

---

From: [email-masked] (N L Sarda)
Date: Fri, 14 May 93 16:32:50 IST

With respect to Rick's question, I am also in favour of continuing the
present drafts so that the workshop hads something concrete to debate
and discuss.

N. L. sardaSarda