Subject: NGCT'94 CALL FOR PARTCIPATI

From: "Babis Theodoulidis" <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Mar 1994 10:05:23 +0000

REGARDING                NGCT'94 CALL FOR PARTCIPATION
*************************************************************
DEADLINE EXTENDED: 30TH MARCH 1994
*************************************************************

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

5th EUROPEAN WORKSHOP ON NEXT GENERATION OF CASE TOOLS

6 - 7 June 1994
Utrecht, The Netherlands

Held in association with CAiSE*94

PURPOSE

The Next Generation of CASE Tools (NGCT) workshop brings together leading
researchers on Computer Aided Software Engineering. The first four workshops
held at Noorwijkerhout, Holland; Trondheim, Norway; Manchester, UK and Paris,
France were attended by 25-30 researchers, and have laid the groundwork for
continuing exchange and integration of research ideas in this area. 

The 5th workshop will consolidate and expand this exchange of ideas into
active development of the agenda for CASE research. Attendance at the
workshop will be limited to 25 delegates to promote effective discussion and
exchange of ideas in a small group. The programme has been arranged to
encourage informal exchange of ideas.  Every effort will be made to keep
costs to a minimum.

THEMES

NGCT*94 invites contributions from both industry and academia, dealing with
(but not limited to) the following topics:

o	Novel CASE architectures and repository technology
o	Product and process support in CASE
o	Product and process modelling in CASE
o	MetaCASE environments
o	Intelligent CASE tools
o	Human Factors and Organisation issues
o	Computer Supported Cooperative Work 
o	CASE support for Total Information Quality

Emphasis will be placed on novel techniques and approaches to CASE as well as
on the demonstration of advanced research prototypes.

WORKSHOP PROGRAMME

NGCT*94 will adopt a panel format of discussion and small groups format to
stimulate development of ideas on focussed themes. Participants will be
invited to join groups on basis of their submitted papers.  Each group will
be composed of 4-5 participants and will address a specific area of interest.
 Panels will consist of two parts. The first part of the panel session will
be devoted to presentations from the participants whereas the second part
will be an interactive discussion between authors and audience.  

Two types of submission are invited:
 
State of the art review papers, length not more than 5,000 words
Position papers, length not more than 2,500 words

Papers will be referred by three members of the workshop committee, and
attendance at the workshop is conditional on acceptance of a paper.

The authors of the state of the art review papers should give an overview of
the work carried out in a specific field and present the results that
constitute the state of the art in this field. Position papers are intended
to describe experience and overview of results of a group's work in a
particular field. Choice of these papers will depend on their academic merit
and coverage of topics.  Membership of working groups will be determined from
the position papers. 

All accepted papers will be published in the informal workshop proceedings
supplied to delegates. It is intended to proceed to a formal published volume
of edited proceedings after the workshop. 

INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS

Send 4 copies of your submission by March 15th (arrival date) in camera ready
format to

Dr Babis Theodoulidis
NGCT*94
Department of Computation
UMIST
P.O. Box 88
Sackville Street
Manchester M60 1QD
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 61 200 3309
Fax: +44 61 200 3324
email: [email-masked]

Please make sure that your submission includes in the first page full details
for the contact person including, if possible, an email address.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission deadline (camera ready format):            	15th March 1994

Notification of acceptance:           				15th April 1994

ORGANISATION

Programme: Babis Theodoulidis, United Kingdom

Local  Organisation: Rob J. Kusters, The Netherlands

Workshop committee

Tanya Araujo, Portugal
Sjaak Brinkkemper,  the Netherlands
Georges Grosz,  France
Terry Halpin, Australia
Bill Karakostas, United Kingdom
Rob J. Kusters, The Netherlands
Moira Norrie, Switzerland
Terttu Orci, Sweden
Niki Pissinou, USA
Veli-Pekka Tahvanainen, Finland
Babis Theodoulidis, United Kingdom
Benkt Wangler, Sweden
Roel J Wieringa, The Netherlands
Gerard Wijers, The Netherlands