Subject: tdbglossary mailing list

From: "Rick Snodgrass" <rts>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1993 09:51:18 MST

Temporal Database Glossary (tdbglossary)
			    Mailing List

Welcome to the Temporal Database Glossary mailing list. We have added
your name to this mailing list.

This mailing list is meant to be a forum for discussion of definitions
relevant to the temporal database glossary. Various versions of the
glossary have appeared, including one published in September, 1992 SIGMOD
RECORD, and several available via anonymous FTP from cs.arizona.edu,
in the tsql directory: December 1992, March 1993, and May 1993 versions,
as well as a June 10 addendum of the glossary, presented at the
temporal DB workshop held in Arlington, Texas.

At that meeting, it was decided that an Editorial Board, headed by
Professor Christian S. Jensen, would be ultimately responsible for
merging and making consistent proposals for terms. However, this
mailing list is open to anyone, and technical discussion of proposed
terms will certainly be considered closely by the Editorial Board.

Items of interest should be mailed to "[email-masked]".
Mail is immediately redistributed to all persons on the list.  It is
good practice to include a signature giving your name and email
address, because not all mailers preserve these.

Requests for addition or removal from the list should be sent to
"[email-masked]"; such requests should not go to
the general mailing list.

If you submit an item to this mailing list and get back failure
notifications for individuals, you can help eliminate this problem by
mailing such messages to tdbglossary-request.  Our software tries to
arrange for failure notifications to be sent to us, but it isn't
foolproof.

Collected correspondence from the tsql mailing list will be
periodically archived, and will be made available via anonymous ftp
from cs.arizona.edu in the tsql subdirectory, in the file
tdbglossary.mail.

There is also a more global mailing list, the TSQL mailing list
([email-masked]), meant to be a common meeting area for persons
interested in the TSQL design.  Topics for discussion include all
those listed in the initial white paper, "TSQL: A Design Approach." To
subscribe to this list, send a request to [email-masked].