Subject: Re: DEADLINE FOR ...

From: "Christian S. Jensen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 13:24:07 +0200

Ilsoo, thank you very much for your suggestions for improving the
glossary.  As you indicate, some of your comments are rather
"significant," and I expect them to generate some discussion.

We have already had Aug 23 and Sep 4 (not Nov 4) deadlines, and the
deadline for sending the the chapters (including the glossary) for the
workshop report to Rick and Niki was today.  Thus, we will not have
time to devote the appropriate time for discussing your interesting,
but also significant, comments.

The better approach is to start discussing the comments and then
reflect the result in the next release of the glossary.  I thus invite
the community to debate your comments.

In the past, it has proven very useful to make concrete proposals.
Contributors may want to consider structuring proposals as complete
glossary entries.  For example, consider the proposal P2 where it is
recommended that "temporal element" is replaced with
"multi-intervals," "interval sets," or "intervals."  It would help the
discussions and the subsequent integration of the result into the
glossary if this proposal is formulates as a complete glossary entry
that may replace the existing entry.  A name change requires changes
to the list of previously used names and to the discussion of naming.

Best regards,
Christian S. Jensen

Aalborg University
[email-masked]

PS. The three minor adjustments will be considered.