Subject: Glossary available for ftp.

From: "Christian S. Jensen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1993 03:31:04 +0200

************************************************************
      **    Consensus Glossary of Temporal Database Concepts    **
      ************************************************************

Dear coauthors and colleagues,

The editorial board has now completed its task of consolidating the
glossary according to the comments from the participants at the temporal
database workshop as well as later comments from the general community.

While we are past all deadlines for significant changes to this
edition of the glossary, there is still time for minor, last-minute
adjustments and improvements. For that purpose, a close-to-final
version of the new edition of the glossary will be available via
anonymous ftp from cs.arizona.edu on Tuesday, August 24. It is named
"consGlos" (in .ps and .tex versions) and may be found in the tsql
directory. It is requested that coauthors check the document.

The board has had to make a number of very hard decisions because
several proposed glossary entries conflicted and could not all be
included in the glossary (indeed, a few hard decisions remain to be
made in the very-near future). Those entries not included at this time
may still be included later and are kept in a separate document with
input for the next revision of the glossary. The board will contact
those authors who proposed entries that are not included, in order to
explain its decisions and suggest ways to proceed.

Please send your comments to this mailing list
([email-masked]) or to the chair of the editorial board
([email-masked]) by Saturday, November 4, 1993.

Best regards,

          Christian S. Jensen, James Clifford, Ramez Elmasri,
                Shashi Gadia, Pat Hayes, Sushil Jajodia.