Subject: Glossary Editorial Board

From: "Rick Snodgrass" <rts>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1993 09:25:41 MST

At the temporal database infrastructure workshop, it was decided that
the glossary needed an editorial board to achieve coherence and
consistency across the various terms and definitions. Volunteers were
requested, and quite a few people did in fact volunteer. The steering
committee then had to make the difficult decision of which 6 people
would be included (the committee decided that, given the tight
deadline, a larger board would tend to slow down the process).

After some discussion via email, the steering committee has
constituted an editorial board consisting of Christian S. Jensen,
Editor, and James Clifford, Ramez Elmasri, Shashi Gadia, Pat Hayes and
Sushil Jajodia as members.

We thank the several others who volunteered. We appreciate the
willingness of so many people to be directly involved in the
finalization of this version of the glossary. And we offer our
condolences to the editorial board members, who will be quite busy
over the next two months working on the glossary.

We ask the editorial board to utilize the tdbglossary mailing list to
the maximum extent possible to ensure community involvement.