Subject: tdbbenchmark mailing list

From: "Rick Snodgrass" <rts>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1993 09:52:25 MST

Temporal Database Benchmark (tdbbenchmark)
			    Mailing List

Welcome to the Temporal Database Benchmark mailing list. We have added
your name to this mailing list.

This mailing list is meant to be a forum for discussing temporal
database benchmarks. Various versions of a "semantic benchmark," to be
used to evaluate the user friendliness of proposed temporal query
languages, have appeared, including the May 10 version of the
benchmark, containing tasks 1-3, and the June 11 version of the
benchmark, which was presented at the temporal DB workshop held in
Arlington, Texas.

At that meeting, it was decided that Professor Christian S. Jensen
would head up an effort to complete the semantic benchmark (probably
under a different title). However, this mailing list is open to
anyone.

Items of interest should be mailed to "[email-masked]".
Mail is immediately redistributed to all persons on the list.  It is
good practice to include a signature giving your name and email
address, because not all mailers preserve these.

Requests for addition or removal from the list should be sent to
"[email-masked]" and not to the general mailing
list.

If you submit an item to tdbbenchmark and get back failure
notifications for individuals, you can help eliminate this problem by
mailing such messages to tdbbenchmark-request.  Our software tries to
arrange for failure notifications to be sent to us, but it isn't
foolproof.

Collected correspondence from the tdbbenchmark mailing list will be
periodically archived, and will be made available via anonymous ftp
from cs.arizona.edu in the tsql subdirectory, in the file
tdbbenchmark.mail.

There is also a more global mailing list, the TSQL mailing list
([email-masked]), meant to be a common meeting area for persons
interested in the TSQL design.  Topics for discussion include all
those listed in the initial white paper, "TSQL: A Design Approach." To
subscribe to this list, send a request to [email-masked].

The current subscribers of this mailing list are as follows.

[email-masked]
[email-masked]
cliff
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]