Subject: v01i004: rm, a "rm" clone with C source
From: [email-masked] (Mark D. Salzman)
Date: 8 Nov 88 18:41:05 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc

Posting-number: Volume 01 Issue 004
Originally-from: "Mark D. Salzman" <[email-masked]>
Submitted-by: "Mark D. Salzman" <[email-masked]>
Archive-name: mds_rm/part1

With all the talk in comp.sys.ibm.pc on people having trouble cleaning
out and removing unwanted directories, I thought I would post this "rm"
clone for the PC that I wrote.  With the correct option flags, it will
find and remove every file and directory on a disk with the exceptions
of the root, the current directory (i.e the one you are currently in),
any directory that is linked to another name (via assign or such), or
any directory that you leave non-empty.  It only uses DOS V2.0 calls so
it should work on most MS-DOS compatible machines.  I also fixed a bug
so it will work with PC-DOS V4.0, and cleaned up the exit status so it
can be used in "make" like programs.

Enclosed in the arc are the source in Microsoft C, an EXE, and a short
documentation file.

ENJOY!

Mark D. Salzman     Phone (206) 253-5542.
Tektronix Inc., P.O. Box 3500, M/S C1-936
Vancouver, Washington. 98668
{world_at_large}!tektronix!tekigm2!marks

[
Options available include query before deleting each file or directory,
recursively delete directories, query before deleting files with
archive bit set, verbose mode, and silent mode.

Command line style arguments may also be passed through the environment
variable RMOPTS where, unfortunately, they override arguments typed
on the command line.

Source suitable for Microsoft C V4.0 through V5.1 is supplied.

-- R.D.
]