Subject: Release Message for UNARC Program
Date: November 21, 1986

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.4 of the CP/M UNARC utility:

* Corrects a bug that caused incorrect extraction of certain files from
  archives created by version 1.1 or later of the MS-DOS program PKARC.
* Provides automatic pausing of console output after every 23 displayed lines,
  with optional command line override for continuous display.
* Provides assembly language overlay file for simplified installation of RCP/M
  versions or special options.
* Adds standard option to bypass unsupported BDOS call in certain non-standard
  implementations of CP/M (eliminating UNARC-P1.NOT patch notice for UNARC12).
* Additional minor improvements (complete list in UNARC.HIS history file).

The following files are distributed with this release:

      Filename.Typ  Size  Recs  CRCK  CHEK  Description
      ------------  ----  ----  ----  ----  -----------
   1  UNARC   .MSG    4k    25              Release message (this file)
   2  UNARC   .COM    4k    32  C883  6364  Program (Z80 version)
   3  UNARCA  .COM    5k    38  A832  A7AA  Program (8080/8085 version)
   4  UNARC   .DOC   27k   211  29DA  25CD  User documentation
   5  UNARC   .FOR    1k     4  6502  FC22  Brief "what's for" abstract
   6  UNARC   .HIS    9k    66  7D73  2E99  Modification history
   7  UNARCOVL.ASM   14k   106  9A1E  1874  Overlay source file for options
   8  UNARCLUX.FIX    2k    15  444C  1BFC  Note to RCP/M sysops using LUX52
   9  ROYALOAK.MSG    2k    11  3829  6961  Miscellaneous related messages

These files will normally be distributed, in (possibly) squeezed or crunched
form, within a library file, UNARC14.LBR.  (The CRCK and CHEK values shown
above apply to the uncompressed versions of these files, however.)  Item 5 may
be used to provide a requested program description after uploading UNARC14.LBR
to a remote access system.

Items 7 and 8 are provided primarily for RCP/M sysops and/or technically-
oriented users with non-standard system requirements.

				     NOTE

	8080/8085 USERS:  The file UNARCA.COM is an alternate version
	of the program which will run on your systems.  However, it is
	larger and substantially slower than the standard (Z80-only)
	version, UNARC.COM.  (UNARCA.COM will run on ALL CP/M systems,
	but it is specifically NOT recommended for users with Z80's!)

	RCP/M SYSOPS:  Generation of a secure version of UNARC for
	remote use has been simplified by the introduction of the
	overlay file UNARCOVL.ASM.  See also UNARCLUX.FIX if you use
	the LUX library/archive utility program.

The UNARC.DOC file provides a complete program description and user operating
instructions.  Refer to the notice in that file regarding rights of use and
distribution of this program and its associated documentation files.

                    Copyright (C) 1986 by Robert A. Freed
                             All Rights Reserved