Subject: priac, displays inter-application communications area
From: [email-masked] (Chris Sylvain)
Date: 23 Sep 88 23:01:02 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc

PRIAC reads and reports the current contents of the Inter-Application
Communications Area (IAC).  The executable and assembly source are
included.

The IAC is 16 bytes beginning at addr 0040:00F0h. Any program can write
information to the IAC for another program to read.  The IAC can be
used, for instance, to pass an address from one program to the next.

This is one of three programs, being posted consecutively to this
newsgroup, that was written using MASM 5.0 by Hardin Brothers for the
April 1988 issue of PC Resource magazine, (C) Copyright 1988 by IDG
Communications/Peterborough, Inc.

Hardin Brothers is a freelance programmer and technical writer. Write
to him at 280 N. Campus Ave., Upland, CA  91786. Enclose a self-
addressed, stamped envelope for a reply.

v1.1, 27 Sep 88  Toad Hall hack
- Converted to .COM format (I HATE .EXE programs for these little things.)
- Tightened original code
- Demo how to leave information in the IAC for later reads.
Original source and .EXE left intact.

David Kirschbaum
Toad Hall
[email-masked]