AmigaActive (1676/1728)

From:Gareth Griffiths
Date:30 Jun 2001 at 08:31:39
Subject:Re: Making Mp3's

Hello Richard,
On Saturday, June 30, 2001 at 4:20:21 AM, you wrote:

> Also, someone mentioned how long it takes to convert an average track to MP3 file with an 060... With an 040 it's even longer - like several HOURS.... :( And I don't like to use PC s/ware for it
> because they're known to chop alot of the frequencies out... Maybe Santa will bring me a DE :)

I encode MP3's in about 40seconds using the same encoder that SecondSpin
uses. Just get "CDex" for your PC and tell it to use LAME in its
configuration.

Cheers,
GazChap.

Gareth Griffiths -- mailto:mail@gazchap.com -- http://www.gazchap.com
Unknown host: tick-tock.clip-clop.ang-patang.patooie.dialup.pol.co.uk