AmigaActive (1675/1728)

From:Richard
Date:30 Jun 2001 at 04:20:21
Subject:Re: Making Mp3's

--- In amigactive@y..., "Neil Bothwick" <neil@w...> wrote:

> A better option is SecondSpin, it was on a recent AACD. SecondSpin does
> the while job in one go, ripping selected tracks from a CD and encoding
> them.

I have v2.00 of Second Spin (latest???) and every time I try to get cdinfo from cddb it says it failed... I am connected to the net, and Yam, StrICQ, Ibrowse are all working perfectly fine at the time... I even paused transfers to allow Second Spin more bandwidth just in case that may have been the problem...

Or does it say in the docs that it's not yet implemented and I just haven't read them yet? :)

Also, someone mentioned how long it takes to convert an average track to MP3 file with an 060... With an 040 it's even longer - like several HOURS.... :( And I don't like to use PC s/ware for it because they're known to chop alot of the frequencies out... Maybe Santa will bring me a DE :)

Rich.