AmigaActive (1644/1728)

From:Eyetech Group Ltd
Date:29 Jun 2001 at 12:02:07
Subject:Re: Sometimes miracles DO happen....

Dauber said:

> Well, it might be pointless PERIOD to get DCE involved unless you can
wait.
> If anything, Eyetech SHOULD have taken it and sent it to DCE themselves.

Why SHOULD we have taken it. Apart from the fact that Gaz didn't even buy it
from us in the first place, there is absolutely no point in us taking and
passing on any board, particularly as we have been waiting for DCE to repair
some boards for over 15 months. Its not a communication problem - we talk to
Tom Dellert regularly and I've even visited him 3 times in the last year to
try to retrieve repaired boards. I've had some success (but not 100% - hence
the outstanding repairs) and certainly not enough to belive that DCE's
repair service has in any way changed for the better.

Presumably you just think that anyone can pass off the responsibility for
anything that doesnt work to us (or other dealers) and then make a fuss when
we can't get it repaired.

The reality is that we've been upfront with Gaz (in a private email BTW) and
told him that we can't add any value to the process and are therefore not
prepared to accept (or charge for accepting) his broken board. We advised
him to email DCE direct but not necessarily to hold out much hope.

> Then again, I think they have problems with DCE....

Only as far as repairs and delivery of Blizzard PPC's are concerned - as
every other dealer in the World does.

Alan