AmigaActive (1630/1728)

From:Matt Sealey
Date:29 Jun 2001 at 01:53:55
Subject:Re: Voyager demo timeout?

Hello Don

On 28-Jun-01, you wrote:

> Hello Matt
>
> On 28-Jun-01, Matt Sealey wrote:
>
>>> The popup menu already shows the image format and size. Why can't it
>>> show the Alt text as well ?
>>
>> Because the popup menu isn't big enough.
>
> Well, you only need the first 100 chars or so. They should fit in two
> lines of menu. Usually it's just the name of the person in the picture.

Don: you aren't getting it are you? A popup menu is unsuitable for this
task. A 100-char alt-text would fill your screen. There is no magical
way of "wrapping" this unless.. well, it's too complicated to go into.

>>> Help balloons are ugly. (IE gives you a neat little panel for the Alt
>>> text.)
>>
>> IE uses the help ballons system built into Windows ;)
>
> I did realise that. ;-)
>
> The problem with the MUI Help balloons, unless there is a setting that I
> have wrong, is that they use the same font as menus. That is much too big.

Start using MUI 3.9 then - I have my bubble help set to look exactly like a
Windows tooltip (which looks entirely better than any crap Reaction
provides, Bothwick ;)

Don't have MorphOS or even a PPC? Tough :P

Thanks

Matt Sealey <matt@kittycat.co.uk>
Website http://www.kittycat.co.uk