AmigaActive (1613/1728)

From:Sean Courtney
Date:28 Jun 2001 at 22:49:17
Subject:Sometimes miracles DO happen....

I got an e-mail from Chris at Software Hut...my PPC board came back
from DCE!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

Now...you all saw my rambling about the 18-meg SCSI drive woes I was
having, and you all basically said "It's your SCSI termination, you
fool!"; at least one person gave me a very detailed description on how
to reconfigure it, where to terminate, what kinds of terminators to
use, etc.

But...here's something interesting. Right before I posted that to this
group, I sent pretty much the exact same e-mail to Chris. What he told
me over the phone was to remove the jumper marked "Motor Stop," and he
said with my current configuration that's all that should be necessary.

I hope that's true, because I'm thinking of quitting my job, and I just
blew over $100 on terminators, converters, etc. just for this, and if I
do quit, it'd be nice to have that money! :)

Back after the news...