AmigaActive (1612/1728)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:28 Jun 2001 at 22:49:38
Subject:Re: Apache problem

Don Cox said,

> On 28-Jun-01, Jay Cornwall wrote:

>> I'm using almost the same httpd.conf as supplied with Apache, but with
>> the number of processes changed to save memory. I've also tried using
>> the AACD Apache distribution, but I got the same result.
>>
>> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

> Could be protection bits. They are different as between Amiga and
> Linux.

That would show up in the log file, usually results in a 403 error being
returned to the browser. The Apache error log file gives a good clue to
most problems.

In fact, you use the same protections with the Amiga version of Apache
as the Linux one. While AmigaDOS doesn't make use of owner and group
attributes, the filesystem does have the space to store them and Apache
makes use of this.

Cheers

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine

"Don't we even get a few practice semesters?" -- Calvin