AmigaActive (1592/1728)

From:Sam Thomas
Date:28 Jun 2001 at 19:43:30
Subject:Re: CD Software

Hello Neil

On 28-Jun-01, you wrote:

> There shouldn't be any problem with the software, provided these ports
> have a standard IDE implementation. However, I was unable to get the
> Plextor 16X drive to work on the X-Surf IDE port, nothing to do with
> MakeCD, the drive just wasn't visible to anything.

Yep, had the same here on my PowerflyerGold.

The only way I got the system to recognise the drive when it was connected
to the secondary IDE port is by having another drive (preferably PIO5)
connected to the drive as slave. I would say all works sweet then, but in
my case it doesnt :-(

> Neil

Hope thats of some help to others that get this drive..

Cheerio

Sam 'Stom' Thomas

http://www.amiga-mediator.co.uk