AmigaActive (1588/1728)

From:Matt Sealey
Date:28 Jun 2001 at 18:10:44
Subject:Re: Voyager demo timeout?

Hello Don

On 28-Jun-01, you wrote:

> On 28-Jun-01, Matt Sealey wrote:
>
>> I myself am adding pointless features now so if you want anything easy
>> to implement and not important to anybody, just ask (added options for
>> turning image download placeholders and alt-text on and off yesterday,
>> now I'm trying to work out stuff for a fullscreen "kiosk mode" without
>> losing peoples' scrollbar prefs..)
>
> I would like to be able to read the Alt text for an image
> by hitting the right mouse button. This particularly affects the BBC
> news site, where they put up pictures with no captions.
>
> I know you can view them on help balloons, but I normally run MUI
> programs with Help balloons off.

It's possible to enable helpballoons on a per-object basis without
nasty stuff happening - V would effectively have to recreate the
MUI helpbubble code (i.e. detect a hovering mousepointer, wait for
a time, DoMethod(msg->mo, MUIM_CreateBubble, ..), detect moving
the mouse pointer and then push MUIM_DeleteBubble afterwards).

This is painful work, can't you just enable help bubbles for V? ;)

Thanks

Matt Sealey <matt@kittycat.co.uk>
Website http://www.kittycat.co.uk