AmigaActive (1587/1728)

From:Gareth Griffiths
Date:28 Jun 2001 at 16:56:38
Subject:Re: YAM and Proxy servers.

Hello Neil,
On Thursday, June 28, 2001 at 4:51:28 PM, you wrote:

> You don't want a proxy server for that, you need to set the PC as the
> gateway in Miami's or Genesis' prefs. Just put the IP address of the PC
> in the Gateway box and enable ICS on the PC.

OK... I'll give it a go. Last time I installed ICS though my entire machine
screwed up.

> something a bit more secure than ICS. Grab WinRoute Lite from last
> month's Internet.Works CD (it's the full version) and set it to dial on

How am I supposed to do that if its last months issue? ;)

<slap> :)

> network, it will tell DUN to dial up. WinRoute provides more security
> than ICS, but then so does a wet towel :)

I'm not actually using the ICS thing (in that ICS is not installed) I'm just
using a basic dial-up adapter with TCP/IP protocol on the Windows side,
running through WinGate on the PC, through a serial cable from COM1 to SER
on the Amiga, and then Miami doing everything that needs doing :)

I'll give ICS a go.

Cheers,
GazChap.

Gareth Griffiths -- mailto:mail@gazchap.com -- http://www.gazchap.com
"Bother", said Pooh, as Eeyore shot him with a rocket-launcher.