AmigaActive (1576/1728)

From:Mark.Smith
Date:28 Jun 2001 at 13:22:12
Subject:Re: CD Software

--- In amigactive@y..., Jeremy Spring <jeremy.spring@x> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am just wondering (probably in vain) if any Amiga CD writing
> software is able to use any of the following IDE interfaces:
> A4000 motherboard?
> X-surf IDE?
> Catweasel Buddha2?

The internal IDE and Buddha should be good, but the X-surf IDE is a
no no, something about it not being a full implementation of IDE and
was only put there to fill up some spare space the designer had in
the logic chips :-)

> Info from users on these sort of systems preferred , if possible.
> Also, has anyone successfully got 2 Kylwadas into an A4000 desktop?
> (Mine is squeezed with one to the extent that I'm going to have to
> make a custom case for my miggy, great suggestions excepted.)

I havn't managed to even scqueeze one Kylwada into my A4000, but why
do you need to have two in there ? They are only good for making a
standard high density floppy drive act as a bootable 880k drive ...
if you have one bootable drive why do you need another ?

Regards

Mark