AmigaActive (1560/1728)

From:Alan Buxey
Date:28 Jun 2001 at 09:59:24
Subject:Re: What will AmigaOS 4.x run on ?

hi,

> I spent too much money bringing my Amiga1200 up to date and now I can't run the
> new OS???? I don't think this is the way to keep Amigans from joining the dark
> side... I don't plan to change my system again in the near future.
> Instead of being the light at the end of the tunnel this might be an incoming
> train.

the AmigaONE expansion BUSBoard will cost less than my 060/PPC card cost
me.... and its just another addon (which will actually enable me to sell
my 060/PPC card and move on....)

you *may* be able to go the mediator+sharkppc route...thats to be seen.

either way, an A1200 with 0x0/PPC combo card is almost a kludge on a
decade-old motherboard. in a way we were lucky it was possible...in
another way i dont want os4.x to be disabled in any way due to the fact it
had to run on some old architecture....thats way there lie beasts (and is
the way Windows is STILL designed!)

alan