AmigaActive (1532/1728)

From:Gerald Mellor
Date:27 Jun 2001 at 20:39:43
Subject:Re: What will AmigaOS 4.x run on ?

On 27-Jun-01, Mark.Smith@storagenetworks.com wrote:

>> the Phase5/DCE PowerPC cards do not conform to ZICO, they CAN run
>> MorphOS though.

> Bummer, so I guess that AmigaOS 4.x is going to have pitiful sales
> then, will enough Amiga people just juck their existing systems in
> the bin and buy the AmigaOne ?

Just because current PPC cards won't run OS4.x, doesn't mean you'll
need to junk your current system (although it might be wise). There
are still the SharkPPC cards on the horizon, which together with a
PCI-equipped Amiga will conform to the Zico spec.

Regards
Gerry

mai^n gilaas khaa saktii hu^n. mai^n ne chot diiyaa