AmigaActive (1510/1728)

From:Don Cox
Date:27 Jun 2001 at 18:53:06
Subject:Re: What will AmigaOS 4.x run on ?

On 27-Jun-01, Mark.Smith@storagenetworks.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm a little confused ... Do I need to buy an AmigaOne or "Zico"
> compliant machine in order to run AmigaOS 4.x ?

Yes, so far.

> Can I run it on my A4000 with CyberstormPPC ?

Maybe, if you fit PCI slots. There is no immediately planned way to use
the Phase5 cards, but possibly someone might write some software next
year to make it possible.

More likely would be to add PCI slots and a PCI card with a PPC on it.
Matay have something like this planned, and so do Elbox.

Before buying either of these, check to see what drivers they have.

Regards

Don Cox
doncox@enterprise.net