AmigaActive (1450/1728)

From:Paul Laycock
Date:25 Jun 2001 at 22:58:15
Subject:Re: It's Damned Annoying!

Hey Jack,

> Why do some websites crash Voyager as they load and invalidate my
> drive in the bargain? Most sites behave normally, but certain ones
> will repeatedly invalidate the drive. t's damned annoying to have to
> wait an hour or so to get everything back. What nefarious things are
> these sites doing, or trying to do with my system?
>
> Can anyone tell me the obvious answer or at least suggest where to
> look?

I used to have this problem ALL THE TIME! It is darned annoying, I can tell
you! Anyway, I solved it by not fixing Voyager itself, but by creating a
CACHE: partition formatted with SFS. This means that, if it does crash
while writing data to the drive, it won't invalidate it :)

Regards,
Paul

Fortune favours the bold.