AmigaActive (1431/1728)

From:Jan-Erik Karlsson
Date:26 Jun 2001 at 21:43:35
Subject:Re: setenv

Hello, Robert

On 26-Jun-01, you wrote:

RC > Hi Jan-Erik,
RC >
RC > On 23-Jun-01, you wrote:
RC >
RC >> 1) you really should disable the resident setenv (the built-in one) it
RC >> doesn't hurt to have it enabled but then you have to call the new
RC >> setenv with c:setenv instead of just purely setenv (and you could also
RC >> make it resident of course :-)
RC >
RC > So could you not then remove the resident one and put the new version
RC > resident at the beginning of the startup-sequence? Surely that would
RC > make the update transparent, you could use setenv just like before,
RC > without the C: path.

yes, but since the setenv command is very small the gain of having it
resident is minimal
remember that c: is already in the your search path automatically so you
only really need to disable the default setenv (meaning the built-in one)

With kind regards,
Jan-Erik Karlsson

Email: trg@privat.utfors.se
WWW: http://hem.fyristorg.com/TRG/
UIN (ICQ): 54667153

NONONONONO!! My name must remain unknown to all those who know my true id!