AmigaActive (1410/1728)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:26 Jun 2001 at 13:39:21
Subject:Re: Birdie2000

Matt Sealey said,

> Hello Neil

>> Now you sound like a Linux user. Next you'll be telling us you have a
>> custom bash script to do all this for you :(
>>
>> I wonder why I go to all the trouble of clicking a couple of buttons...

> Because if you didn't click buttons, Amigas wouldn't hold any magic
> anymore.

The magic is that you can choose whether to click or type :)

> I use the shell more than anything.. who needs DOpus when
> you can script stuff faster than you can remember what the glowicon
> button you set up means?

Who needs buttons with Opus, popup menus handle that sort of thing much
faster :)

If I want to convert a single ILBM to a PNG, I'll right click it and
select "To PNG"! from the menu". If I want to convert all the ILBMs in a
directory, I'll use the shell, starting with the command that switches
me to the same directory as the current Opus source lister.

Cheers

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine

I don't work here. I'm a consultant.