AmigaActive (1403/1728)

From:Steve Hargreaves
Date:26 Jun 2001 at 12:32:21
Subject:Re: AWeb stuck conns

On 26-Jun-01, Jim Cadwallader said -

>JC Hi,

>JC Has noone got any ideas re: the AWeb OS3.9 connections freezing prob I
>JC posted or noone else had this? I've mailed Amitrix. I ask since I was
>JC planning to u/g to full version in a week and it's doing this more or less
>JC every page guaranteed, can stick on JPGS, main connections, downloads...
>JC you name it! I've read FAQ etc.

Didn't see yr orig post, but I have the same problem. I thought it was because I
only had a33k modem, but the problem persists with a 56k. You can work around it
aby aborting the stuck file useful the Netwrok Status window, and then doing it
again. I also found HTTPResume a godsend because of this.

It's a PITA, I know. I'm currently looking at IB 2.2 to poss replace AWeb as my
main browser, and use AWeb as a backup. I've also noticed AWeb failing on more
and more sites. It's a shame, 'cause I like AWeb.

Regards

Steve.

// A1200 '060/50, OS3.1, 16+2Meg, HPDJ610C,
// Squirrel, Power CD, Dual Floppies (Ooer), NEC
\\// Multisync 2A, Logic 3 Speedmouse, Sega controller,
\/ 56k modem, and no hair.

ICQ 21361336