AmigaActive (1391/1728)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:26 Jun 2001 at 10:25:22
Subject:Re: Birdie2000

David Bateman said,

> Hello Neil

>> As I thought. you have relative paths to your images, Birdie can't find
>> them. Go back into the prefs and make sure all your images have full
>> paths.

> will do, but seeing as they work when i save the prefs in the prefs proggy
> shouldn't they also work at boot...

Obviously not :)

When you run the Prefs program, the current directory is SYS:Prefs, so
the relative paths work. When you run Birdie from user-startup, the
current directory is wherever user-startup happens to be at the time,
usually SYS: but this could be changed by something that ran earlier.

Cheers

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine

ERROR #0915: MONITOR NOT PRESENT. CLICK ON OK TO CONTINUE.