AmigaActive (1375/1728)

From:Pekka Sippola
Date:10 Mar 2015 at 00:02:10
Subject:Re: It's Damned Annoying!

Hello jack.thewlis@ukonline.co.uk

> Why do some websites crash Voyager as they load and invalidate my
> drive in the bargain? Most sites behave normally, but certain ones
> will repeatedly invalidate the drive. t's damned annoying to have to
> wait an hour or so to get everything back. What nefarious things are
> these sites doing, or trying to do with my system?

> Can anyone tell me the obvious answer or at least suggest where to
> look?

Forgetting Voyager:
Get PFS or SFS for filesystem.
Or make a dedicated partition for cache, not too big and
with enough buffers to make validation faster.
I have a fast HD and suitable Cache: partition, about
300 Megs; it validates in about 6 seconds.

Regards

Zipper

proud owner of A500 powerhouse a�la '91
now cooking with A4000T/233PPC