AmigaActive (1366/1728)

From:Freq E-Zine
Date:26 Jun 2001 at 00:52:58
Subject:Re: Internet Abuse and Port Hacks (reply)

Hi People

> Craig_Daines said,
>
> I am experiencing illegal ports opening via Miami. It's been happening
> for some time now, even despite setting up a firewall in Miami strange
> ports are popping up every now and then.

I've also experienced attempts to open port 23 twice in the last
week; NetInfo II traced the access attempts to ISPs in Taiwan (first time)
and Korea (second time).

> NetInfo II lookup of this above host: UNKNOWN. Location Netherlands
> dns FTP server.

However, traceroute in both cases apparently showed these to be originating in the
Netherlands.

I scribbled the IP addresses down in a notebook, which I now can't find...
and I don't seem to be logging through Genesis ATM.

Cheers

Richard