AmigaActive (1341/1728)

From:Craig_Daines
Date:25 Jun 2001 at 21:34:41
Subject:Internet Abuse and Port Hacks

Hi all 8)

I am experiencing illegal ports opening via Miami. It's been happening
for some time now, even despite setting up a firewall in Miami strange
ports are popping up every now and then. I have turned on logging, and
am using syslog.library to collect evidence to pass to my ISP, as well
as scanning ports that are opened using GoPortScan to obtain service
information of ports opened.

What is the best thing to do in the event of abuse? I have passed the
logs onto my ISP and the ISP's of the hosts concerned, so hopefully
I've done the right thing 8)

Q1)
Does anyone have the e-mail address for contacting AOL Internet to
report abuse of (port attacks)? This one I still need to look up 8(

Q2)
Some networks administrator information is not listed on some
networks. How do you go about looking them up?

Kind regards,

Craig Daines.
Technical Editor For 'The Crypt' Disk Magazine.
http://wwwthecryptmag.com