AmigaActive (1331/1728)

From:Oliver Roberts
Date:25 Jun 2001 at 20:09:17
Subject:Re: IBrowse 2.2

Hi Steve,

On 25-Jun-01 19:48:31 BST, Steve Hargreaves wrote:

> After using AWeb for a couple of years, I decided to give IBrowse 2.2 a
> go and see how things have come on.
>
> Having downloaded the eval version from HiSofts site, and installing
> (using the supplied installer), I can't get external viewers to work. I
> had an earlier version of IB running some time ago, and had external
> viewers going on that, and I've set this up the same, but try to view an
> image and - nothing.
[...]
> What's going on?

It's a bug - more specifically, an incompatibility with the new
ram-handler in OS3.9 and OS3.5 BB2. It has been fixed for the next
release, should it ever materialize.

In the meantime, grab the unofficial patch from
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ibrowse/files - this will fix the above
problem, and provide a workaround for another bug too.

*Oliver Roberts* - software developer & web designer
http://www.oliver-roberts.co.uk/ - ICQ: 34640231
/oliver@futaura.co.uk/ | /oliver.roberts@iname.com/

F1GP-Ed Web Site ==> http://www.nanunanu.org/~oliver/F1GP-Ed/