AmigaActive (1330/1728)

From:stevetwood
Date:25 Jun 2001 at 20:05:46
Subject:Re: subscriber comlains

Jon,

On Sunday you wrote

> Hi Steve
>
> > `My other half` says the mag is a lot of money and I am inclined to
agree
> > with her now. £5.95 for the dearest and thinest computer mag on the
> shelves
> > of WH Smith (yes, I have bought each and every one - subscription
doesn`t
> > offer a justifiable discount). I`ve had Amigas for ten years and don`t
> > intend getting rid of them, but if the Amiga One doesn`t make good news
in
> > the next couple of months, its goodbye Amigactive magazine I`m afraid.
>
> Does she not let you go down the pub either? £5.95 is only 3 less pints a
> month. And if you did subscribe, it's even less than that. If the current
> subs rate is not "justifiable" I doubt AA can ever offer you a discount
you
> would find attractive, AA simply does not sell in tens of thousands an
issue
> :-(
>
> I'm perfectly happy paying my sub, and would continue to sub even if there
> were no discount. It's worth buying AA for their informed opinions and for
> the tutorials and reviews, and the sub saves me from having to trudge into
> town.

At the end of the day, a line has to be drawn. You are happy to subscribe
and I`m sure you feel you get a lot of benefit from the magazine.
Unfortunately, at this present time, I don`t.
To answer another of your questions, yes, my wife does let me go down the
pub, or play snooker, bowls etc (if I was under the thumb I wouldn`t be
allowed to have three computers in the house).
You touched a nerve with that one :-))

As well as all the informed opinions, tuturials etc, which are good no doubt
about it, I am also after value for money in a magazine which I personally
am not getting ATM. I am looking forward to the release of the Amiga One, as
I have looked forward to so many promised new Amiga`s, but for me, this is
the last chance saloon.

Regards,

Steve