AmigaActive (1301/1728)

From:D.J.Fulford
Date:25 Jun 2001 at 13:26:01
Subject:Re: Digest Number 1749

Carl,

Use Samba from http://www.amigasamba.org/, which also has a step-by-step
guide to using Samba with Miami. I followed this and find that everything
works as it should.
The only thing I have not found out how to do is print from the pc to a
printer set up on my Amiga. I can print to file, and then copy the file to
par:, which does it OK. This may be a similar problem to finding ser: on
the Amiga for the modem connection. Samba was written for Unix, so anyone
fluent in Unix might be able to help us.

David

At 19:06 24/06/01 -0000, "Carl Jermy" wrote:
> From: <cjermy@cjermy.fsnet.co.uk>
>Subject: PowerLAN queries
>
>I have linked up my Amiga and Windows 98 PC together via Ethernet. On the
>Amiga side, I am using PowerLAN which includes AmigaTCP. I've managed to
>install it all okay, except that on the PC, the Amiga doesn't show up in
>Network Neighborhood. I also want to use the PCs Internet connection on the
>Amiga but I can't find anything in the docs. Any help would be greatly
>appreciated, including help getting Miami set-up for LAN instead of AmiTCP.

*** Dr David Fulford, Energy Group, Department of Engineering ***
*** The University of Reading, Whiteknights, ***
*** Reading RG6 6AY, UK Tel: +44-(0)118-931 8563, ***
*** Fax: +44-(0)118-931 3327 E-mail: D.J.Fulford@Reading.ac.uk ***