AmigaActive (1297/1728)

From:mail
Date:25 Jun 2001 at 12:23:38
Subject:Re: Knackers (PPC)

Hi Alan,

>whats your symptoms? you'd know if you HAD SCSI as

The machine goes into a constant crash-reset loop as
soon as its switched on. No early startup-menu
available, no hard-drive/floppy access, nothing. Just a
constant crash-reset loop.

And I don't know if I have SCSI because the board is up
in the attic at the moment and I can't remember.

>you mean you bought a BROKEN board?

Yes, I bought a broken board from AmiBench for £150
off a guy who said that it was a simple matter to repair
it, but he never had the time. I believed (and still do)
him, as he can frequently be seen selling stuff on
AmiBench and I've not heard anything bad about him.

I bought it because I figured that £150 for the board
plus a realistic max. of about £100-£200 for the repair
was still cheaper than the £700 they'd have costed
brand new.

>sometimes these boards can be resurected by simply
reflashing the ROM

Already tried that ages ago after advice given on the
AFB. Didn't work, I can't reflash it because I can't boot
ANYTHING with the board plugged in.

Gaz.