AmigaActive (1279/1728)

From:david260179
Date:25 Jun 2001 at 08:55:32
Subject:Re: CDRrrgghhhW Mk2!

--- In amigactive@y..., Sam Thomas <stomml@s...> wrote:
> Hiya all..
>
> Well I have finally been back to the PC shop and now am the owner
of a IDE
> Plextor 16x20x40 Burnproof CD-Rewriter but unfortunately I'm still
getting
> the same problem as before :-/
>
> I have it connected to my PowerflyerGold with a 15Gig Hard disk on
the
> Primary Channel as Master and the Plextor is Master on the Secondary
> channel.

have you tried setting the plextor to 'cable select', i once had this
cdrom(nec)which was really picky and come up as corrupt letters in
powerflyer boot menu - try it!

> The drive works fine when running at PIO0 (You can adjust PIO
Speeds with
> the Flyer software) but as soon as I bump up the PIO speed to 3 (or
higher)
> the system can not recognise the drive definition correctly at
all :-/

just went to plextor website and found 'plextor speed' prog for amiga
have you tried this ?

http://www.plextor.be/English/technical/download2.html