AmigaActive (1268/1728)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:25 Jun 2001 at 00:04:52
Subject:Re: best ADSL provider

Andrew Crowe said,

> Having ADSL at work is great, but comming home to my 56k modem is just
> getting more and more unsatisfying these days.

> So, what provider would you guys recomend? I can't use the same
> provider as at work as they're business only and far too expensive.

We discussed this last week, look through the list archives.

> The one I've found thats been recomended is madasafish.com, who offer
> £55 a month with no setup charge.

> Thats not cheap tho.

Madasafish have already been taken over and hit financial troubles.
Beware of low prices on UK ADSL, the wholesale pricing means it is
impossible to charge low prices and make a profit. Anyone charging less
than £50/month is likely to run into difficulties.

Claranet provide a good service at £49.99 in VAT, Zen and Nildram are
also good, although slightly more expensive.

Cheers

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine

I@love~my$computer,;It's%made in Taiwa~##$ ` #@