AmigaActive (1247/1728)

From:Don Cox
Date:24 Jun 2001 at 13:11:32
Subject:Re: Stop!!!!

On 24-Jun-01, Matt Sealey wrote:
> Hello Don
>
> On 24-Jun-01, you wrote:
>
>> I hope to eventually see Matt admit that AmigaInc got it almost
>> right. ;-)
>
> Even if they are right, it's still 18 months to 2 years too late ;)

Five years ago would have been nice. ;-)

A lot of time has been wasted in trying to avoid the trouble of writing
an improved OS by looking for an existing OS to act as a host.

BeOS, Linux, QNX, Elate ...

At last an Amiga owner has settled down to actually update AmigaOS itself
and get it running on a modern CPU. It seems that no previous owner has
had any faith in the OS as being any good.

I don't at all disagree with the policy of using Elate as a way of
making money from software for PDAs etc., but it is very nice to see some
investment in the Amiga itself. We may have Alan Redhouse to thank for
that.

Regards

Don Cox
doncox@enterprise.net