AmigaActive (1200/1728)

From:neil
Date:23 Jun 2001 at 14:24:29
Subject:Re: Knackers (PPC)

Hihi
On Friday June 22 2001, Gareth Griffiths said to All:

GG> Just found out off Eyetech that they aren't accepting PPC boards to be
GG> sent off to DCE for repair, due to problems they are having actually
GG> getting DCE to repair them :((((

Don't say that.

Some of us have warrentee repairs waiting on CS-PPCs.

GG> That means I've wasted £150. I've got a broken 240MHz 603e Blizzard
GG> here, with an '060/50 68K processor, and SCSI as well I think. And I
GG> can't use it.

I have a £560 CS-PPC, with 060, and SCSI, 233MHz 604e, and and and the only
remaining SIMM sockets in my 4000T.

560 quid, or thereabouts. I'm a student. I can't afford this. I need to buy a
new 060 card while I wait for a repair which may not happen. 370 quid, and it
means moving back to an A2000.

GG> I suppose I could just see if DCE will repair it themselves... what'd
GG> y'all reckon?

Try waiting a bit. I assume DCE will sort themselves out soon; perhaps even
hire more staff with the money they'll get from stuff like the GRex. If they
don't, then DCE will probably be put out of business by people taking them to
court.

-.
Neil Williams, ICQ UINs: 18223711 & 116110052, 2:442/107