AmigaActive (1170/1728)

From:Jim Cadwallader
Date:23 Jun 2001 at 02:31:14
Subject:Re: Stop!!!!

Hello Matt

On 22-Jun-01, you wrote:

> And somehow an OS written for the most part by 3rd party developers
> (Haage & Partner, Hyperion, Abt/Kneer, Olaf Barthel) would be more under
> Amiga's control?

Whether the actuality is true or not (!), I was typing about the perceived
situation. Imagine you are looking at it from the position of a potential
customer/investor/partner or general industry observer, not someone who has
lots of inside knowledge.

> They have an illusion: but with ExecPPC under H&P's thumb, the graphics
> and 3D support from two external developers, and the TCP/IP stack
> from a freelancer, they'll effectively have to keep these people on (and
> in business!) to maintain them.

That's true. ;-\

> (You have no idea how much of a pain it is to get other people to
> finish off or fix OS software that someone else started)

I've worked in the games industry, same thing there! 8=)

Regards
Jim Cad*