AmigaActive (1168/1728)

From:Don Cox
Date:22 Jun 2001 at 23:20:30
Subject:Re: Dead,Dying Amiga A2000 in need of help!!

On 22-Jun-01, arthur perkins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having a problem with my A2000 and hope anyone
> can point me in the right direction to fix the problem
> before I decide to retire it permanently. Here's the
> problem:

I would strip it right down to a basic machine, plug a TV into the video
output (it should be black-and-white, but that's OK for testing). See
if it boots reliably from a 3.1 floppy WB disk.

Then add cards back in one by one, GVP card first (but still boot from
floppy), then the accelerator, then the Picasso. See if it then boots
from hard drive.

It is possible with an A2000 that motherboard chips such as the bus
drivers or the CIA chips are failing.

Regards

Don Cox
doncox@enterprise.net