AmigaActive (1165/1728)

From:Matt Sealey
Date:22 Jun 2001 at 22:14:26
Subject:Re: Stop!!!!

Hello Jim

On 23-Jun-01, you wrote:

>> And we wouldn't have to delay the bPlan board to get it. Do you understand
>> the economics of this? It takes time to create an OS of MorphOS' stature,
>> time which Amiga do not have and therefore stature which AmigaOS 4.x
>> will not have.
>
> Sure, but that kinda skims alongside the point I made, maybe the decision
> has elements of a need to be seen to keep/have control of your own OS!?

And somehow an OS written for the most part by 3rd party developers
(Haage & Partner, Hyperion, Abt/Kneer, Olaf Barthel) would be more under
Amiga's control?

They have an illusion: but with ExecPPC under H&P's thumb, the graphics
and 3D support from two external developers, and the TCP/IP stack
from a freelancer, they'll effectively have to keep these people on (and
in business!) to maintain them.

(You have no idea how much of a pain it is to get other people to
finish off or fix OS software that someone else started)

Thanks

Matt Sealey <matt@kittycat.co.uk>
Website http://www.kittycat.co.uk