AmigaActive (1156/1728)

From:Alan Fisher
Date:22 Jun 2001 at 17:19:56
Subject:SX32 IDE Problems

Hello People
Has anyone here tried to attach more than one ide device to a sx32 expansion
module? Ive been trying for several weeks now, but without success to
attach both a hard drive and a new CD-ROM to the unit, as I'm trying to
turn my old cd32 into set top box (The top loading 2x speed just wont do)
and the cd rom is the final piece of the puzzle.

So far I've tried to use an older power computing model x4 way buffered
interface, but every time I try to boot with the hard disk and the cd rom
attached niether device shows up on HDToolBox, and the cd32's cd boot
screen is requested. It also has dificulty booting from just the Hard disk
only with the interface still attached, The interface has served on my
A1200 for many years without problem, so I know that the device is working.

The Hard disk is a 840Mb Toshiba drive, the CD ROM is a Compaq 8x ultra slim
"External" ide drive.
If anyone has attempted a similar adaption on a cd32/sx32 b4 and has been
successful I'd like to know, as I'd realy like to finish this project soon.

Regards
Alan Fisher