AmigaActive (1130/1728)

From:Robert Wilson
Date:22 Jun 2001 at 15:38:52
Subject:Re: ADSL (was What's going on?)

Hi Neil,

> > Is this what actually happens? > I.e. BT remove their equipment then
>replace
> > it at the same time, charging you £150 for the privelige?
>
>It's what they say will happen, along with a new line test. What happens

I've tried to look into this, without too much success. :-/
However, it appears that this is indeed the case.
BTOpenworld say that when you cancel your account, they recover their
equipment. (Apparently, the "manta-ray" router gets binned!)
If another ISP comes along, they have to use BT equipment.

As I understand it this could mean, in a worst case scenario, that when you
switch ISP, a BT engineer will come out, disconnect your router, bin it,
connect up a new one and charge your new ISP for this. They in turn, charge
you!

Ludicrous, isn't it.

Robert Wilson

*****Glasgow Amiga Users Group*****
- gaug-subscribe@onelist.com -

A1200 MK5 EZTower, Magnum 030 16meg, 540 + 170meg HDs
24xCDROM, 4 way IDE I/F. OS 3.5