AmigaActive (1129/1728)

From:Alan Buxey
Date:22 Jun 2001 at 15:38:40
Subject:Re: Whinge,whinge!!!!

hi,

> My card explodes. I want a replacement because it was somehow flawed,
> but when they ask "what have you been running it in", I have to reply
> "An Eyetech AmigaOne!"
>
> Support->sup_Chances--;

ah, no - you just say you've had it in your PC. if they can show it
working fine, THEN you have a problem, but if alls well in Amiga world
then this shouldnt occur - ie only duff cards will fail.

> a personal matter. I don't care if YOU already have speakers. Nobody
> else HAS. Hence, price $100+ for a complete kit from an approved

NOBODY else has speakers already, or uses a HiFi for their systems
already? I seriously doubt this ;-)

> You can't do development on a settop box without a PC by your side. I
> work on settops for a living: there's no way you can get any kind of
> development environment on the box and be comfortable with it in the
> settop form factor.

thats the known current...why should what it true today be true tommorrow?
welcome an everchanging world.

who said you couldnt run GCC etc on a TiVo PVR? its a settop box (of
sorts) but runs a perfectly fien PowerPC linux...and you can loginto this
and use it for whatever you want. hell, you could even turn it into a
multifunctional Digital box...... record TV, play MP3's AND be your
firewall and proxy :-) .

alan