AmigaActive (1128/1728)

From:Don Cox
Date:22 Jun 2001 at 14:21:08
Subject:Re: Whinge,whinge!!!!

On 22-Jun-01, Matt Sealey wrote:

>> that'll be 4.0 - as 4.2 is quite some way off yet ;-)
>
> No, it'd be 4.2 - because 4.0 is the OS that doesn't even scratch
> the amount of work done on MorphOS (i.e. looking at that
> article in Amigactive, you can check off the components in
> MorphOS against the ones in 4.0 - 4.0 comes off worse for
> wear in most regards)
>
> 4.2 might actually be slightly impressive, with some "unique"
> components that we've never seen the likes of before.
>
> 4.2 is, however, quite some way off yet.

I'm betting on next Easter. I may be being optimistic.

> As for Don Cox: it's not about H&P being dishonest. I happily
> buy products from dishonest people. It's about H&P not having
> a collective clue about how to code a decent application (I cite
> ArtEffect, StormC and OS3.5's Reactor GUI development tool
> as major examples) enough that I feel confident in having a
> single member, full-time or freelance, of their silly "partnership"
> coding something that I might want to use every day.

I haven't tried Storm C. I agree with you about Art Effect: it isn't as
good as it should be. It has some good points but it's awkward to use -
too many windows, and some are modal where they shouldn't be.

Reaction is nasty. (But there are people who like it.)

Regards

Don Cox
doncox@enterprise.net