AmigaActive (1115/1728)

From:david260179
Date:22 Jun 2001 at 13:16:45
Subject:Re: Whinge,whinge!!!!

--- In amigactive@y..., Matt Sealey <matt@k...> wrote:

> Alan, Alan, Alan. What are you talking about?
>
> 4.0 is *not* around. You were questioning (nay, correcting!) my
> use of 4.2 - because I consider 4.2 to be the OS I would take to
> be a legitimate work, more than a stop-gap between one stage
> and another that we also would have to pay for.
>
> I explained what I meant.
>
> And now you're correcting me AGAIN?
>
> ALAN. LISTEN. I'M GOING TO TYPE IN CAPITALS SO THAT YOU
> WILL TAKE NOTICE THIS TIME.
>
> IF HE HAS AN A1200, AMIGAONE, AMIGAOS 4.2, MATROX G450
> WITH DRIVERS, EMU10K BASED SOUNDCARD WITH FULL DRIVER
> SUPPORT, AND A WEALTH OF APPLICATIONS, I WILL CONCEDE
> THAT AMIGA HAVE "PRODUCED" SOMETHING WORTHY OF
> GIVING THEM PRAISE FOR SUCH. NOT UNTIL.

snip(ramblings)

As much as i like you matt(not much) you are correct in saying that
4.0 is just another patched 3.9. I would rather hold on until 4.2
when i can plug in a matrox,soundblaster live etc etc and run it
straight away, rather than plug them in and then wait on promises(i.e
elbox)for the next 6 months.