AmigaActive (1090/1728)

From:mail
Date:22 Jun 2001 at 10:15:41
Subject:Re: What's going on?

Hi Dave,

>BTOpenworld are WORSE than bad, trust me I use
em :) Avoid at all costs.

Yeah, a mate of mine uses them and he has a few
problems with them as well :)

>Yeah I'm looking at Claranet for when I switch in 8
months :) Zen & Nildram
>both have very good reputations.

I looked at Nildram but unfortunately they don't seem
to cater for home users, just businesses :(

>As for the mailserver, so long as you don't mind a
mail from one BTO user t>o
>another taking in the region of 19 hours, external mail
taking close to 36
>hours and not to mention all the ones that never even
arrive, then you'll b>e
>quite happy. ;)

Its bad enough with the BTinternet mail server,
sometimes, although it seems to be quite good at the
moment.

>And as it stands have to pay £150 install and be
retested should you choo>se
>to switch after the contract expires.

What, I have to pay £150 to be retested? Surely not?
Anyone got any estimates on how long it'll take before
the price of ADSL comes down?

Gaz.

P.S. Apologies for the crap formatting of this -
BTinternet web-mail :)