AmigaActive (1068/1728)

From:Steven Holmes
Date:21 Jun 2001 at 20:24:51
Subject:Zip drives

Hi all,

I have an internal IDE Zip 100 drive in my tower, connected to channel one of my PowerFlyer Gold.
I'm wondering, does it support any other mode other than PIO 0, as it defaults to that mode in the Flyer prefs and is impossible to change?
Because of this I am having problems with my hard drive not being able to keep up with my CDRW drive (set to PIO 4 on channel 2), which is annoying to say the least.

If there is no way around this problem, does the internal Zip 250 support faster modes? If that is the only way around it, I'll drop the 100 and buy a 250. :-)

Hope someone knows a little more than me about this one!

Regards,

Steven Holmes
sholmes75@madasafish.com