What is REMINDER and Why?

For some time I have been searching for a program which would remind me of important events like birthdays, days when rent has to be paid etc. There are already several PD or shareware programs like CyberCron, which do mostly what I want — but they stay in the memory as background tasks and consume precious RAM.

Then I tried MemoMaster which could be made to run once in startup, but its 1.3-like user interface and certain other features (for example, the lack of monthly events) made it unsuitable for me.

After that I sighed and wrote REMINDER . The system consists of two programs. REMINDER is for entering your events to a database file, and REMINDERCHECK is put into your WBStartup, where it is run every time you boot and reminds you about the events and then quits.

Both programs use the excellent ReqTools.library2, and the user interface of REMINDER was created with GadToolsBox3. The binaries in this distribution were compiled with SAS/C6.24 with optimization on, but the source files can be compiled with DICE5 also.