Index du Forum
IDENTIFICATION SERVEUR : 213.186.33.87 - CLIENT : 74.109.56.191

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour v�rifier ses messages priv�sSe connecter pour v�rifier ses messages priv�s   ConnexionConnexion 

looking for "senior PROM utilities disk"

Voir le sujet pr�c�dent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
jonnosan

MessagePost� le: Dim 13 Jan 2008, 12:06    Sujet du message: looking for "senior PROM utilities disk" R�pondre en citant

Hi,

Please excuse me speaking english here, it is the only language I know.

I am trying to locate a copy (preferably as a DSK image) of the "Senior PROM" utilities disk. The "Senior PROM" is a crack ROM + NMI button. In order to make a bootable copy of a program that is loaded into memory, one needs to press the NMI button, and then boot the "utilities disk".

I have found a copy of the EPROM and manuals, but no copy yet of the utilities disk.

The EPROM image and manuals can be found by going to http://www.garberstreet.com/ and clicking on "Click her for downloads", then go to the "senior PROM" folder.

The EPROM images in that folder are for a non-platinum //e (which has seperate CD and EF roms). I have made a combined image to use in my platinum //e (which is a http://www.jamtronix.com/files/senior_prom.bin ) - I burned a 27256 with that image, and have a toggle switch on A14 to switch between the standard ROM and the Senior PROM.

But I need the utility disk to be able to make backups with this system. Can anyone help?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message priv�
Deckard

MessagePost� le: Dim 13 Jan 2008, 19:04    Sujet du message: R�pondre en citant

Hi Jonno,

I remember that JPL won an auction on ebay few months ago which was about the Senior Prom. But I don't remember if the item was the documentation or the floppy disk. He seems to be very busy since the end of the last year but I'm going to send him an email about that.

JM
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message priv� Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
jonnosan

MessagePost� le: Dim 13 Jan 2008, 21:10    Sujet du message: R�pondre en citant

Thanks Deckard!
Deckard

MessagePost� le: Dim 13 Jan 2008, 22:36    Sujet du message: Re: looking for "senior PROM utilities disk" R�pondre en citant

jonnosan a �crit:

But I need the utility disk to be able to make backups with this system. Can anyone help?

Hi,

are you sure that the utility disk is required for using the system?
Senior Prom is a firmware based tool, right? ("The senior prom provides the following functions in ROM... enter a complete set of DOS 3.3 based utilities: init, copy...") You just have to call the entry routine ($E003G) from the monitor to access to the Senior Prom main menu.

According to one of the PDF, the extra disk contains:

- Option to update the disk to Diversi-Dos.
- DCOPY is an excellent fast copy program for unprotected disks (faster than copya).

DCOPY seems to be an ordinary classical copy program.

- Memory Move Writer (doesn't seem to be dependent of the senior prom)
- ?COPYB from Krakowicz (stand alone pgm)
- ?DEMUFFIN PLUS (stand alone pgm)

Ok the disk is used for creating a resurrection disk (HELLO pgm: option Save auxiliary xxxk ram memory + option Create a self booting resurrect disk). It's the same feature offered by the Wildcard family cards (stop the program, save a snapshot of the memory to disk including registers+stack pointer & restart the program at the same point next time you boot the resurrect disk - with some restrictions for auxiliary banked switched memory and of course pgms with multiple disk access).
+ memory saver / aux saver.
+ Merlin source code files.

But you can examine, copy and crack protected softwares without the utility disk.

JM
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message priv� Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
jonnosan

MessagePost� le: Lun 14 Jan 2008, 10:23    Sujet du message: R�pondre en citant

Deckard

It's the ability to create a resurrection disk that I'm most interested in.
Deckard

MessagePost� le: Lun 14 Jan 2008, 11:32    Sujet du message: R�pondre en citant

Not sure JPL has it (he was surprised when I talked about an utility disk).

If nobody have it, you'll have to do a reverse engineering job of the Wilcard+ "resurrect" program - the 128k version - (the quick loader and the map of the disk) and store the BIN files extracted with the Senior Prom in the same location. Their loader is very fast & it will be an interesting study.

I can provide a such resurrect .dsk (I own a wildcard+).
A resurrect disk can be used with an apple II which doesn't have a nmi device.

JM

Derni�re �dition par Deckard le Lun 14 Jan 2008, 14:05; �dit� 1 fois
jonnosan

MessagePost� le: Lun 14 Jan 2008, 12:01    Sujet du message: R�pondre en citant

That would be an interesting project.

But I think it will be quite a while before I have the time and skill to do that.
Deckard

MessagePost� le: Mar 15 Jan 2008, 9:41    Sujet du message: R�pondre en citant

Unfortunately, the auction was for the manual only, sorry Sad

JM
jonnosan

MessagePost� le: Mar 15 Jan 2008, 9:45    Sujet du message: R�pondre en citant

Oh well. Thanks for asking anyway.

Regards

Jonno
Poster un nouveau sujet   R�pondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> AUTRES CARTES Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: