Subject: v01i112: lp, a line printer pgm like BSD lpr(1), v1.5
From: [email-masked] (Matthew Blaze)
Date: 13 Feb 89 01:51:38 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc

Posting-number: Volume 01 Issue 112
Originally-from: [email-masked] (Matthew Blaze)
Submitted-by: [email-masked] (Matthew Blaze)
Archive-name: mb_lp/lp.uue

Here is a simple printing program i wrote to approximate the
functionality of the BSD unix lpr(1) command.  Type "lp" for
instructions.

Enjoy.

Matt Blaze

[
There are a large number of options:  add a header (filename and file's
timestamp) to each page, fold long lines to specified width, expand
tabs at user-defined intervals, pause between sheets, use either hard
formfeed or enough newlines instead, send to any selected device
(default PRN) or to standard output, print from stdin, and set top and
bottom margins to a user-specified amount.

Shareware contributors can get source suitable for Turbo C.

Questionable feature:  When output is redirected to stdout, each
<CR><LF> in the input file gets translated to <CR><CR><LF> in the
output.  Some brain-damaged "smart" printers, like my Brother CE-50,
will double-space on <CR><CR><LF>.

-- R.D.
]