Subject: v02i072: kbd, swaps control and cap lock keys on IBM AT and PS/2
From: [email-masked] (Rahul Dhesi)
Date: 18 Apr 89 04:13:59 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc

Posting-number: Volume 02, Issue 072
Originally-from: Tom Almy <[email-masked]>
Submitted-by: Rahul Dhesi <[email-masked]>
Archive-name: kbdr/kbdr.uue

[ Reposted here from comp.sys.ibm.pc due to popular demand for this
program, with permission from Tom Almy.  -- R.D. ]

>I have a terrible time using the AT style keyboard with the cap lock
>key next to the 'A' and the control key at the lower left.  I've
>heard there is a public domain program available somewhere to swap
>the control and cap lock keys, but haven't been able to find it.

These requests come up regularly (why can't IBM design a good
keyboard), so here is my monthly :-) posting of kbdr.com, a tiny tsr
that makes the caps lock act as an additional control key.  The
combination rightshift-capslock gives the capslock function.

Note that this program is for AT class machines or later (PS/2) only.

Hopefully these requests will dwindle to  zero as people buy clone
keyboards with a switch on the back to exchange the keys, or buy the
Northgate Omnikey/102 keyboard (which I heartily recommend!).

Tom Almy
[email-masked]
Standard Disclaimers Apply